Alabama Open Eight Hour Hunt
The Good Master above was good to us all in a great way. The rain held off until after we had all left Ft. Payne, AL on Saturday. We had a lot of good running, on yotes, grey fox and some reds.
This hunt was run under Master’s GTP rule format. Master’s Affliation dues paid. Leaderboard fee paid. We had 79 hounds at this hunt.
Side note: It took 465 to win first place. It took 300 to get in Top Ten. Another side note (9th-12th) all had 300 points each, and the computer broke the last two places by time.
This was a great hunt and great fellowship had by all. Thanks to Bobby Cleghorn for serving as Master of Hounds.
Thanks to the judges who helped score these hounds.
- Ch. K&J Champ (Canoy’s Matt Liquor ex River Road Bad Girl), Merl Hogue, Liberty, KY;
- Summey’s Dandy D. (D&S Mighty Man ex Summey’s Shelby), Hopewell Springs Kennel, Madisonville, TN;
- James’s Razor (Dash 4 Cash ex Fred’s Peg), James Edwards, Carthage, MS;
- Summey’s Cupid M. (East Coast Dylan ex Summey’s Anna M.), Hopewell Springs Kennel;
- Howell’s Ginger (McGovern’s Sticker ex Philyway’s Loretta), Cody Howell, Center, AL;
- Ch. Top Flite Dot (Ch. Gunstock Casper ex Dottie Hellums), Top Flite Kennels, All Over, AL;
- Lil Buck’s Dixie (Hartwick’s Mo Pad ex Hartwick’s Peanut), Lil Buck, Smithville, MS;
- Rooster (Short’s War Emblem ex Hightower Baby Dolls), Johnnie Gray, Little Bean Hollow, TN;
- Leg (Boone’s Reuben ex White’s Ruby E.), Dale Edwards, Elmore, AL;
- Echo Candy (Macon’s Drum B. ex Macon’s Candy), Echo Kennels, Echo, AL.
- Combination: James’s Razor, James Edwards.
- Best Mouth: Top Flite Cheeta, Top Flite Kennels.
- Classiest Hound: Top Flite Flirt, Top Flite Kennels.
- Best in Show: Lori Darlin, Merl Hogue.
- Best Opposite Sex: James’s Razor, James Edwards.
- Male Class:
- James’s Razor (Dash 4 Cash ex Fred’s Peg), James Edwards;
- Ch. Hogue’s Drive On (Waco Kidd ex Holbrook’s Pearl), Merl Hogue;
- Ch. Flip’s Go Jo (Cane Creek Zeus ex Mtn. Top Candy), Flip McGee;
- Short’s Dealer (D&S Gambler ex Short’s Holly), Short Brothers Kennel;
- Salyer’s Outlaw (Salyer’s Rowdy ex Ch. Sayler’s Hope), Red Devil Kennels;
- Summey’s Dandy D. (D&S Mighty Man ex Summey’s Shelby), Hopewell Kennels;
- Lil Buck’s Hammer (Wheel of Fortune ex Harwick’s Amy), Lil Buck;
- Paladin (Birch Creek Tennesse ex Short’s Katrina), Short’s Brothers Kennels;
- Rock ‘N Roll (Waco Kidd ex Train Reck Buttons), Lee and Lee Kennels;
- DHK’s Jumper (Pinedale Swiper B. ex Ch. Hound Hill CiGi), Dixie Hill Kennels.
- Lori Darlin (McMillan’s Jr. Bates ex Hogue’s Lil Beth), Merl Hogue;
- Penny (OV’s Rowdy ex OV’s Daisy), James Edwards;
- Short’s Ace (D&S Gambler ex Short’s Holly), Short Brothers Kennels;
- Summey’s Liberty A. (D&S Mighty Man ex Summey’s Shelby), Hopewell Springs Kennel;
- Ch. Top Flite Dot (Ch. Gunstock Casper ex Dottie Hellums), Top Flite Kennels;
- Kate (OV’s Rowdy ex OV’s Daisy), Dixie Hill Kennels;
- Slone’s Beulah (Gayhart’s Buddy ex Gayhart’s Drizzle), Red Devil Kennels;
- Hogue’s Fancy (Risner’s Drinkin Whiskey ex Phillips’ Jon), Merl Hogue;
- Floyd’s Pistol Annie (Howard Bo Doofus ex Dwayne’s Sarah), Red Devil Kennels;
- Summey’s Mighty Girl C. (D&S Mighty Man ex Summey’s Shelby), Hopewell Springs Kennel.
Best Pair and Best Pack: Owned by Hopewell Springs Kennel.
By Jonathan A. Blakeley, JBlakeley@alfains.com